As you all Know I recently got my Masters Degree…2 months later and I still don’t believe the accomplishment is Mine… and as a recent Graduate, I thought I should write a post on Advise for College Graduates… I hope you all enjoy this post as Much as I enjoy writing… I will divide the post into 3 categories… Here Goes;
1. GENERAL LIFE ADVICE.
This has to be the easiest part yet, and I will share with you the advises I have accumulated over the years that has helped me grow as an individual and shaped me into the young lady I am Currently.
• The palm rule has to be the greatest advice out there, I got it from my dad and am glad to pass it along to you guys, “
• Have the courage to be true and live a life true to your own expectation not what others expect you to do, remember
• Dont make promises when you are happy don’t make decisions when you are angry.
• Never argue with a stupid person they will drug you to their level and beat you with their own experience.
• Wait 24 hours before getting mad, if it doesn’t bother you in 24 hours it was not worth fussing over.
• Never make another a priority if they see you as an option.
• Happiness is a choice, Everything else is a matter of perspective.
• Always Smile, remember Prayers & faith can move Mountains.
So there you have it, My 10 General life rules that have kept me going through life.
2. THINGS I HAVE LEARNED.
Along the years I have encountered a few trials and turbulence and to be honest am really thankful about them, for they are the reason I am who I am today and I would not have it any other way. I mean lets face it Who has had it all too perfect? My guess is nobody! I have love and lost, I have had my heart-broken More counts than I can remember. I have been betrayed, I have seen the worst of things & to be honest it has been a crazy ride… however you know the saying,”
I have compiled 7 Things I have learnt over the years.
• No one is perfect.
– everyone you see, rich or poor, young or old have their own battle there fighting.
Remember that perfection is overrated and beauty is skin deep.
Be yourself everyone else is already taken. – Oscar Wilde
• Kindness goes a long road.
– Being kind always pay in the long run but this does not mean being kind and keeping a person in debt… do it out of the goodness of your heart.
– every little thing you do has a way of finding its way back to you be it good or bad and that’s what we call KARMA.
• You are a combination of 5 people you spend the most time with.
– It may really sound cliché but it is so true, if you want to change your life change your company. Always spend time with people who support and believe in you.
• Be careful how you choose your Friends and always remember friends come and go.
– people come to our lives to serve a particular purpose at a point in time and when we are lucky some stay a life time while others don’t and that is okay some friendships and relationship just end for they were keys to something better and bigger.
–Energy both positive and negative is exchangable.
– Have you ever been with a person doing nothing or something and time flies by so quickly and you just go like, “oh would you look at the time.” and you be with another person and you would rather chew your tongue to death…. okay am exaggerating a little but you get the point.
• Always trust your gut 99% it is always right.
– we have intuitions for a reason and we owe it to ourselves to listen and trust our guts, I always assume guts are voices of our guardian angels Ha!
3. IMPORTANT PURCHASES A RECENT GRADUATE SHOULD MAKE.
So you are about to graduate from college or you just graduated, looks like congratulations are in order…. A big congratulation to you sweetheart, I know it has been a crazy ride… From the morning classes to the extra time you pulled to get it ready for finals…
Now that you have joined the adulthood life and you are working your way to pay the students loans what are the important purchases one should make? Having landed your first job and now that you have moved out of your parents house clearly.
Lets have one thing clear, for most your first apartments wont be the ultimate dream but at least you have some place to call yours!! Right? So your first purchase would be furnishing your house.
You first and far most need a Bed and a mattress and if you are in the market for a good matres check out Casper mattresses for a springy latex and high memory foam that creat one perfect sleep… you will not regret it. Also you will need a multi purpose table in the bedroom and curtains.
You will then need the kitchen essentials to get you by while you get everything in order, you will need a cooking stove, coffee maker or kettle, fridge, microwave, cooking utensils.
In the living area you will need a sofa set, coffee table a Tv set depending on your budget and a carpet and curtains and sub wafers.
You will need your final purchase which will however depend with your budget, means of transportation to be exact… you may opt to board a bus or purchase a means of transportation for yourself and this can range from a bike to your first car. This will need further research based on taste and preference and the budget of an individual.. the most important aspect of it all is budgeting but hey that’s a story for another Time…
Once again congratulations to the College graduates and all the best in your life endeavours, Let me know your thoughts on the comment section below and give me thumbs up if you enjoyed this article and don’t forget to subscribe so that we can be real friends.
Be safe & I will talk to you all soon.