Hello my beautiful readers,
Welcome back to my blog we are still on the verge of Finding Your Personal Style. If you happen to have stumbled here by chance, how about checking the previous post to get an over view on finding you personal style here. In brief this was the introduction on the different types of styles for purpose of laying foundation for folks who struggle in Finding Personal Style.As promised, here is follow-up or a part two from last weekends topic. It’s some time past midnight and am trying to get this post done so it can be up and running by 0800 hours in the morning. Can you imagine any love bigger than this, I hope not because it would break my heart, Ha!
Back to business, Finding Personal Style. Now that we have already discussed the types and categories of styles that are identified world-wide how about going a step further and try to understand how exactly do you identify your personal style.Before you can fully capture the idea behind Finding Personal Style, try to categorize yourself based on the following random yet so functional questions or key guidelines I might add up.
Finding Personal Style Questions:
- How do you feel currently when you look at your wardrobe?
- what is it that you want to be?
- Does it accentuates your body?
- what seems to stay eye-catchy in public places?
- what is your go-to outfit?
As you try to digest the guidelines above, here is what you need to know about Finding Personal Style and on God I wish somebody had told me sooner.
– Style is personal, what seems like a 10 to you may be a total 0 to someone else and that is okay.
– First and far most know where you belong based on the ideas shared here
– Discovering personal style is a journey, experiment and document your progress.
– Have confidence. I can’t seem to emphasize this better, all the stylist in the world have one and one thing in common, CONFIDENCE. no matter the price label on an outfit, if you luck confidence to own it, it will definitely show that you do not belong.
– Create mood boards, for inspiration purpose and creativity too. Some of my to go to apps include, Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram and my personal best the street. Yap the street is your best friend.
– Organize your wardrobe and also engage in the habit of De-cluttering and categorizing. Toss it out if you have not worn it in the past 6 months, chances are you will not wear it anyways, there is no point of having a full wardrobe and still ramble over nothing to wear. The key here is quality not quantity.
Finding Personal Style and Shopping.
– When you go shopping, make sure you have a detailed shopping list and stick to it, avoid impulse buys especially in the early stage when you are doing personal discovery.
– From time to time try to shop on vintage stores, style is about being fashionable and unique, nothing is more annoying than when you slay an outfit and find about 10 people dressed in that exact item, (Aaaaghh!! Been there never doing that!)
– Always mix up the trends and basic pieces. This will help you stand out more.
– The key is investing in staple pieces, I will talk about this in details in the nearest future.
– Find your color palette and try to stick yo it, Example of late I have been loving the whole neutral vibe and it works for me, so I will see a very cute pink top and my first question would be do you have it in black or white? well how about in Nude?
– Play around with your assets, the key is staying classy while doing it not trashy or slutty. If you thing you have them legs for days, expose them to the best of your ability, if its your torso, your bum, your neck the list continues really.
– Last but not least, know who you are. Think of clothes as the package, what do you want to deliver?
– Finally, have fun while discovering yourself, it’s not that serious and after all Rome wasn’t build in a day or should I say Beyoncé was not built-in a day Ha!
Lets chat and catch up on all my socials linked below. Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat. Be a part of my little Facebook Family. For collaborations, comment, concerns or simply saying, Hello, how you doing? E-mail me here email@example.com Don’t forget to comment, like subscribe on the Blog and my YouTube channel. Till then my beloved, I will talk to you next weekend as I finalize this series on finding personal style. Let me know on comments section below how helpful this article was? or what could be included. All my love.