Hello my beautiful readers,
Welcome back to my blog. How is your Saturday going so far?… mine is going alright I guess, cold but still alright. I hate the cold weather in Nairobi. There! I said it. I miss the warm weather & the sun in general. The cold is getting the best of me. Wait am I the only one? Hashtag bring back the sun to Nairobi. On cold days like this that am too lazy to get out of the house and am in the mood to pamper myself and have some me time. My mind goes to Homemade Facial Remedies.
Oh Face masks, I like the sound of this and am all aboard on the facial train wagon…chew chew! So this is my to-go-to Homemade Facial Remedies on those days where am too lazy to get out or under budget to splurge. Check them out and thank me later. Literally, so when you want to give your face some of the TLC and you don’t want to go further than your kitchen, try this Homemade Facial Remedies recipes and watch the magic work.
Homemade Facial Remedies #1: Banana Mask
Hint: Your skin will have a healthy glow after this.
Who needs Botox when you have bananas. Yes I said bananas. It does not only glow your skin but also leaves you looking fresh and softer and hey did I not mention this? It’s all organic.
Here is what you do.
– Mash one half full banana.
– add a spoonful of lemon juice.
– add some honey.
- apply gently on face for like 15 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
Homemade Facial Remedies #2: Coffee Face Mask:
Hint: injects life into a dull & tired complexion & tightens your skin.
Coffee will forever be my love, Period. You know how it helps you get through the day.Well it can do that and more to your face. This face mask will remind you of the morning aroma (yes the wake-me up included). It’s ideal for all skin types. There happens to be a variations of coffee masks but of them all this is my favorite.
-1/2 cup of grounded coffee beans
-1/2 cup of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
– A tbsp of brown sugar
– A cup of unsweetened milk.
– 1 tbsp lemon juice (for oily skin)
– 1 tbsp honey (for dry skin)
- mix it all in a bowl to create a paste, apply it gently and let it stay for 20 minutes or so and experience the gods of exfoliation rewarding and store the remaining in the fridge for future use.
Homemade Facial Remedies #3: Turmeric Facial Mask
hint: glowing skin
Turmeric also known as the golden spice of life. How amazing is it that a cooking spice, is also used for brightening of skin. Turmeric has extra ordinary anti inflammatory, anti-septic, anti-bacterial and anti-aging qualities. I mean how can one kitchen ingredient hold so much? if you didn’t know, then you are on the know & you’re welcome.
– 2 tbsp of lemon juice
– half glass of unsweetened milk.
– turmeric powder.
- mix well the too to create a heavy paste. Use this amazing face mask to give you the royal treatment that you deserve. The milk will help to soften the skin, honey will hydrate the skin and well with turmeric, lets just say you will thank me later.
Homemade Facial Remedies #4: The Egg White Mask
hint: amazing skin toning and tightening effect.
This works wonders for greasy skin, it shrinks the large pores on the face & in turn reduces extra serum on the face. Large spores tend to be breeding ground for bacteria and in turn zits…Ouch!! so why not use an egg white to avoid this. There happens to be a couple of egg white variation mask but I will share my to-go to favorites.
-1 egg white.
-1 tbsp of fresh lemon.
-1/2 tsp of honey.
- mix them up well till all the air bubbles are over & apply with a facial brush and wait till it dries up for like 20 minutes give or take and peel it off. Wash your face with Luke warm water and moisture.
Homemade Facial Remedies #5: Avocado &Yogurt mask
Hint: moisturizer to the face.
Save the best for last or so they say, and avocado is my favorite face mask. I love doing the coffee scrub 1st followed by an avocado mask. This two just leave my face free smooth and relaxed, but it gets better by adding yogurt & it works miracles especially on cold and winter days.
-1/2 avocado slice.
-2 tbsp of organic yoghurt.
– 1 tbsp of honey.
- smash the avocado with a fork till it’s all mushy then add in the yogurt and honey and mix well to get a creamy paste. apply in on your face over a paper towel to avoid the mess from dripping all over. do this weekly and experience the amazing results.
Well there you have it, my personal favorite Homemade Facial Remedies (facial mask and scrubs) that can save you from home, you only need the ingredients and in most cases its is usually found in your kitchen. Have the very best this week and am glad I was able to keep the weekly post challenge, thank you for all the amazing views, comments, likes and positive feed backs.
Lets chat and catch up on all my socials linked below. Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat. Be a part of my little Facebook Family. For collaborations, comment, concerns or simply saying, Hello, how you doing? E-mail me here email@example.com Don’t forget to comment, like subscribe on the Blog and my YouTube channel.Stay safe till my next article.